06 October 2010

Three interviews later, life goes on

Another day, another "Well, I guess if I'd gotten the job, I would have had a call by now." Three weeks, three interviews, zero call-backs.

Yesterday I e-mailed a client from early in the summer who still has some retainer money sitting there in my IOLTA account. I reminded him that I could simply cut a check for him to return his remaining unused cash, or he could ask me to do some work for him. No answer! (And I'd felt bad for procrastinating on the task for a couple of weeks, because they tell us that the number one complaint clients have about their lawyers is lack of communication.) No wonder attorneys get in trouble for mishandling client funds: I could buy groceries for three months [1] with that money, but apparently my client couldn't care less about it.

At least the weather's nice. I have a few spare zone 3 regional rail tickets kicking around. I should go panhandle get lunch out on the Main Line somewheres.


[1] Or, you know, a pair of shoes.

No comments: