07 October 2010

$4 fortune: 07 October 2010

Your mentality is alert, practical and analytical.

Last time I went to the coffeeshop, I noticed that my bagel cost 25¢ more than it used to (alert).

This rise in cost brought my bill from $3.50 to $3.75. Whether I pay with four singles or a five-dollar-bill, I have only one quarter in coin change to put in the tip jar after I've paid for my coffee and bagel -- though I see a lot of paper in the tip jar, I just can't bring myself to tip a whole dollar on such a small transaction, but even cheap-ass me understands that 50¢ going into the jar looks and sounds better than 25¢. So I figured that today I could bring a five-dollar bill and ask for $1.25 all in quarters as change, or I could make sure I have a spare quarter in my pocket when I left the house (analytical).

I decided that bringing a spare quarter on my own would be simpler for the barista and would help use up the change in my wallet, so I did so (practical).

But I'm still going to keep tagging these entries as "$4 fortunes," even though they're $4.25 now.

No comments: