31 March 2009

Driberally tonight

If you can possibly drag yourself away from the film festival (I may not be able to), then come on up to the upstairs bar at Triumph Brewery. Chat with the local filthy liberal hippies and enjoy food and drink specials from 6:00 to 9:00, or maybe even a little later.

Triumph Brewery is at 117 Chestnut Street in Old City. It's conveniently SEPTA-accessible via the Market-Frankford El (2nd Street station), all the buses that turn around at or near Penn's Landing (5, 12, 17, 21, 33, 42, 48), and a few other buses that pass nearby (9, 25, 38, 40, 44, 47, 57, 61).

Tonight's topic: I'm writing this post on Saturday evening. I've been doing so for the past few weeks, and I've had a bad run of commenting about news or weather that has ended up becoming bizarrely outdated by the time the post is published. So, tonight's topic: FREE NELSON MANDELA

"Come for the beer, stay for the check"

P.S. I have an afternoon commitment and may be late. Please leave some of the "Gothic Ale," which everyone loves so much, for me.

No comments: