22 February 2009

Men I've dated, part n in a series

This is a brief one, because we dated so briefly.

It was last year, when I was a 2L and he was a 1L. He's from the Midwest. He's in his early 20s -- he started law school immediately after getting his undergraduate degree. He claimed he'd done about every drug under the sun: weed, meth, cocaine, heroin. He didn't have track marks, but he had scars from a previous girlfriend.

I never saw his apartment, but his overcoat smelled of mice.

Since then we've had a couple of classes together and run into each other a few times a week, either in a student-group meeting or simply passing by in the hallway. As he gets older, he'll probably get better at ending relationships. As it is, I think there's a very good reason why I haven't dated someone in his 20s since I was in my 20s, too.

No comments: