24 August 2008

The "What to Expect When You're Aborting" blog

Via the Abortion Clinic Days blog, What to Expect When You're Aborting. Start at the author's realization that she's pregnant ("fuck.") and then work your way backwards through her problematic visit to Planned Parenthood and the conversation with her dad. Her mindset is about as opposite from Juno as you can get.

Also, her morning sickness cure looks pretty much like what I ate throughout my entire pregnancy, even down to the brand of all-natural ginger ale. While I didn't have hyperemsis gravidarum, as a friend of mine did, I experienced "morning" sickness 24/7 until my ninth month. At which point it changed into constant heartburn. And people ask me why I never had a second baby.

(The name of the blog is a parody of the title to a well-known mainstream guide to pregnancy.)

No comments: