03 February 2015

"Revelations told me so; therefore, First Amendment"

One of these guys:
A Christian Fundamentalist who suspects Social Security numbers are the "mark of the beast" cannot sue for religious discrimination after he lost an internship over his beliefs, [the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals] ruled (PDF).
As a volunteer reviewing attorney for a legal services nonprofit, I help screen incoming complaints from people who believe their legal rights have been stomped on. We got one of these "Revelations told me so; therefore First Amendment" knuckleheads the other day. I had the office volunteer send them a letter referring them to the Alliance Defense FundDefending Freedom. The note I left in the complainant's database record ran something along the lines of, "The right-wing Christian fundamentalist lawyers created this; let 'em deal with it."

No comments: