04 November 2010

When boys dress like girls

A five-year-old boy dressed up as Daphne from the Scooby-Doo cartoons, and a crew of moms from his kindergarten gave his mom a hard time. Mom fought back in a blog post that's been making the rounds:
Thirdly, I am not worried that your son will grow up to be an actual ninja so back off.
Ah, now that brings back memories! Memories of me and my BFF Stu when we were kids, playing superheroes and fighting over who got to play Wonder Woman, or playing Donny and Marie and fighting over who got to play Marie. And Stu never turned out -- oh, wait. No, hmm. Actually, as a matter of fact, Stu did turn out to be queer as a three-dollar bill. And he's in show business now.

But you know what? I love my big gay friend Stu, and I always will! Here's to you, Stu!

No comments: