14 September 2009

Will someone please teach me harmonica?

On a lighter note, literally, I want to learn how to play the harmonica. I found one among my boxes of stuff several months ago, though I can't remember where I got it from. Was it my ex-husband's? My grand-dad's? And how come I can't get that opening riff from "The Ghost of Tom Joad" to come out of it? Granted, I haven't really played an instrument for about 20 years. But I can pick out a lot of "In 'n' Out of Grace" by the time the song is over, so long as I'm using a guitar that's reasonably in tune and my fingernails aren't too long.

Engraved on the harmonica is the brand name Hohner and "MARINE BAND" and a "C" over on one side. From 2 minutes of googling I think that means it's a diatonic Hohner Marine Band harmonica in C major.

I don't have a case for it. How should I be storing it and caring for it?

2 comments:

Tony Eyers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yep thats a marine band in the key of C. Great little harp. Just keep it clean and when you wear it out buy another one they are fairly cheap. Good beginners harp.