31 August 2009

Another day, another wedding invitation

So I've been invited to yet another wedding.

This one is the second marriage for both the bride and groom, so they're kinda keeping it small. Knowing that I don't have a steady boyfriend at this point and likely grateful for the opportunity to save a couple of hundred dollars, the couple addressed my invitation solely to "Ms. Glomarization," not to "Ms. Glomarization and Guest." I guess even the most starry-eyed, head-over-heels-in-love people I know are pretty certain that I'll be ending my days single and alone.

Won't be the first wedding I've attended without a date. Not even the first wedding this year I've attended without a date. You know that point in the reception, after the newlyweds have had a few minutes of their first dance, and they turn and invite everybody else up to dance? That's probably the best part of attending a wedding without a date, I'd have to say.

Not that I want to be a downer. However, I admit there's not much, other than serious economic advantages for both parties, that would ever make me get married again. And you'd better believe that my pre-nup would be absolutely bulletproof and would leave my future ex-husband with little but the clothes he'd brought into my household.

It is understood that this attitude of mine is not helpful when it comes to finding men who want to date me.

Oh, well. I have a few weeks yet to find a dress that it screamingly inappropriately short, and to get some heavier handweights to work on my tricep exercises.

No comments: