09 June 2009

Driberally tonight

Drinking Liberally is a weekly social gathering where progressives talk politics and get to know one another. In Center City Philadelphia, we meet on Tuesday nights at Triumph Brewery's upstairs bar, where there are drink and food specials from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. I hope to see you there!

Triumph Brewery is at 117 Chestnut Street in Old City. It's conveniently SEPTA-accessible via the Market-Frankford El (2nd Street station), all the buses that turn around at or near Penn's Landing (5, 12, 17, 21, 33, 42, 48), and a few other buses that pass nearby (9, 25, 38, 40, 44, 47, 57, 61).

This week's topic: You'll have to come up with one on your own, because I can't attend tonight, though I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and start donating to NARAL or to some fund that supports med students who are training to become abortion practitioners -- since, as you've probably heard, there are now only 2 abortion providers in the U.S. who will help women obtain late-term abortions. Myself, I have a previous commitment with neighbors. Since it will probably also involve drinking, I don't expect I'll be stumbling in late anywhere, except into my own bed. EDIT: O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Meeting with neighbors canceled. See y'all.

"Come for the beer, stay for the check"

No comments: