31 October 2008

"Philly Fix My Car"

Local filmmaker Ted Passon was as happy as everybody else when the Phils won the World Series this week -- until he found that his car was one of the ones flipped and smashed on South Broad Street late after the game (WPVI-6 article and video).

Ted has set up a blog asking for help to pay for repairs:
Hey Philly,

Remember when we just won the world series for the first time in 28 years? That was great! Then my car got flipped over and that wasn't great.

I couldn't afford a full coverage insurance policy on my car so my insurance company won't cover a vandalism claim. I also had to hire a towtruck to flip it back because Triple A doesn't cover this either. I can't afford to buy a new car or to have this one fixed - if it's even possible. I work as a freelance videographer and a car is crucial for me being able to work and get to my different jobs.

So I was thinking...

There was alot of people on Broad Street last night. If all the people who were hanging out near Broad and Washington (where the car was flipped) gave me ten dollars I could probably buy a new car... or if all the people who actually flipped my car gave me a thousand dollars that could work too.

Either way Philly you broke my car... please help me fix it!
Please read Ted's blog for updates, and PayPal him a few bucks if you can spare 'em. If you are a blogger, please link to Ted's blog as well and get the word out. Thanks!

No comments: