25 October 2008

Governor Palin: abortion clinic bombers are not terrorists

Governor Sarah Palin is an anti-feminist shame to her state and our country. She believes that people who bomb medical clinics in order to kill abortion providers and their patients are not terrorists:


Williams: Is an abortion clinic bomber a terrorist [. . .]?
Palin: [Short, dismissive sigh and eye-roll.] . . . I don't know if you're going to use the word terrorist there.
I would like to see Palin roll her eyes at Emily Lyons and repeat those words to her face. I would like Palin to peruse Eric Rudolph's web page and explain just exactly how he is not a terrorist. (Google it. I won't provide a link. Suffice it to say that the page is hosted on the Army of God's website -- also home to a hagiographic page for Paul Hill, who was executed in 2003 for shooting two abortion providers at close range with a shotgun outside a clinic.)

You don't need to resort to sexist language and imagery to attack Palin's statements and beliefs. You only need to focus on her words and actions. And that's why the vast majority of attacks on Palin aren't sexist. Almost all of the anti-Palin rhetoric you see addresses the merits of what she's said and done. You can be a feminist and attack Palin. What's difficult -- and weird -- is to be a feminist and not attack her, or, even worse, to defend her on any basis.

4 comments:

Rev. Donald Spitz said...

You seem to imply there is something wrong if a babykilling abortion mill is burned or bomb. Which do you prefer, a pile of bricks or a pile of dead babies? Innocent unborn babies deserve to be protected just as born children deserve to be protected. You would have no problem protecting born children if they were about to be murdered.
SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

Glomarization said...

Do you think you're the first person to call me a baby killer? Get in the back of the line, douchebag.

Anonymous said...

Don't mince words, Glom, tell him what you really think.

Anonymous said...

My kitchen.