10 September 2008

Plea for context and actual commentary at Feminist Law Professors

Will the folks at the Feminist Law Professors blog please quit posting a billion times per day articles that are nothing but links around words like "This." or "Amazing article." or "Here." or "Via."?

I'm sure what you're linking to is incisive, important, relevant, and all those good things. But when you don't provide context I have no clue what your link is about. And when you don't provide commentary, you sound as though you don't have any thoughts of your own to add to the conversation. Is Feminist Law Professors a blog, or is it just a news aggregator? At least Fark.com contributors write witty headlines.

I'm not asking for some super-deep analysis that would get an A on a law school exam, or something so scholarly that it could be reprinted in a law review. But I don't think it's too much to ask for more than a bare link to some web page, where even the URL I see when I mouse over it doesn't give me a clue as to what I'm about to read.

2 comments:

K.O. Myers said...

If it's posted at FLP, it must be worth reading. Why else would they bother with it? Asking for context is showing your lack of faith.

Glomarization said...

It probably makes me a sexist, too.